2021 WomHub Economic Growth Accelerator for South African Women Entrepreneurs
Deadline: July 2, 2021.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing (STEM) businesses have the opportunity to create a better economy for all. At WomHub, our focus is on upskilling and supporting women-founded businesses towards building a better, more sustainable future.
They invite South African women entrepreneurs to apply for our Economic Growth Accelerator (#EGA2021). This year-long hybrid programme with an in-person and virtual offering, focusses on supporting businesses to accelerate growth through leadership development and intensive entrepreneurial support.
Their Economic Growth Accelerator consists of two tracks: a SMME and Venture track.
1. The SMME Track
Aim: Support women founders in Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMME).
Programme Focus: The SMME Track focuses on steady growth companies, in established STEM markets. It is an opportunity to support the growth of the company, unlock its potential and hire more people within its growth trajectory.
2. The Venture Track
Aim: Support high growth opportunity businesses (Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to Pre-revenue).
Programme Focus: The Venture Track is designed for women founders of potential high growth ventures. It is designed for early-stage founders who already have a prototype or product and are looking to scale with venture support.
- Applicant must be over the age of 18 and identify as women.
- Applicant must be of South African nationality.
- Applicant must have founded/co-founded a business currently based in South Africa and considered as an SMME or a start-up. In co-founded businesses, the lead applicant must be a women and a citizen of South Africa.
- Applicant innovation can be any product, technology, or service within the Science, Technology, Engineering or Manufacturing (STEM) industries.
- Applicant must be able to commit for the year-long programme commencing in July 2021 to July 2022.
- Development of your business through personal growth and increased commercial insights.
- Exposure to investors in the African landscape.
- Interaction with fellow entrepreneurs in South Africa.
- Access to one-on-one mentorship and venture clinics with subject matter experts.
- Accelerator provides each business with a monthly stipend which is allocated to a range of business support services.