2021 WomHub Africa Innovation Fellowship
Deadline: October 15, 2021.
Since 2019, the Africa Innovation Fellowship has been supporting women-owned STEM innovations across sub-Saharan Africa. Africa Innovation Fellowship 2021 is a six-month leadership and business development opportunity for women African innovators with an early-stage engineering innovation or start up.
Africa Innovation Fellowship (AIF) kicks off in November 2021 with virtual sessions focused on idea and business incubation, leadership development and networking. Followed by five months of personalised virtual support with regular check-ins and milestones, ending in April 2022.
- Applicants must identify as women and serve as founders or co-founders.
- Individual applicants must be citizens of a country within sub-Saharan Africa*. The main applicant must be a citizen of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The innovation must be based in a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Applicants must have a Science, Technology, Engineering or Manufacturing (STEM) innovation, though are not required to be an engineering graduate or student themselves.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit.
- The applicant’s innovation can be any new product, technology, or service, based in STEM.
- Applicants should have an early-stage engineering innovation and/or startup.
- Applicants must be able to commit for the six month-long programme commencing in November 2021 to April 2022.
- Development of your business through personal growth and increased commercial insights.
- Exposure to investors in the African landscape.
- Interaction with fellow innovators across Africa.
- Access to one-on-one mentorship and venture clinics with subject matter experts.