2021 Women’s Political Leadership Programme for Emerging Women Leaders
Deadline: August 31, 2021.
If you are a local political leader in Africa, Asia or Eastern Europe, a woman and most importantly, an agent of change – this programme is for you
The 12-months training focuses on developing politicial leadership skills and is open only to women who hold an elected seat in a local government. All parts of the training are based on equity, participation, transparency and accountability, and the goal is to strengthen democracy in the organisations taking part in the training, primarily by strengthening the politician herself, as well as capacitating women politicians in general to be good role models and to get a higher involvement of underrepresented groups in decision making bodies.
The training is implemented in cooperation with the Swedish Association of Local Authoroties and Regions (SALAR).
- Open to women from Albania, Botswana, Georgia, Indonesia, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Namibia, North Macedonia, Rwanda, Serbia, Tanzania, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Only elected women politicians (currently in office) in a local/regional government will be considered. The applicants are prioritized according to the following: Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Councilor.
- All training costs pertaining to lectures, literature, documentation, study tours and certain social activities as well as accommodation and food will also be covered by the organiser.
- All international travel costs related to the programme will be covered by the programme organiser. Costs for personal expenses are not included and are the responsibility of the participant or her organisation.
- Participants who successfully complete all scheduled parts will be awarded a Certificate of completion of training.