2021 WE Empower UN SDG Challenge for Women Entrepreneurs and Social Entrepreneurs
Deadline: April 15, 2021.
The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge is the first-of-its-kind global competition for women social entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to act to create the world we want by 2030. The WE Empower Challenge honors innovative women leaders from around the world who are pushing the SDGs forward through sustainable business practices and inspiring others to follow suit.
- Woman entrepreneur with lead decision-making ability in a business or a not-for-profit organization
- Business or organization has been in operation for more than three years.
- Employ at least three full-time staff (or full-time equivalent).
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Business or not-for-profit organization generates at least $100,000 in USD in annual revenue or sales
- Available to travel to New York, NY and participate in the Contest events from Friday, September 17 through Saturday, September 25, 2021 (COVID-19 travel restrictions permitting) OR participate in a virtual program if needed from August through October 2021
- In 2021, the WE Empower Challenge Awardees will participate in events surrounding the 76th UN General Assembly as well as will connect with renowned business experts from around the world.
- Awardees will also participate in a dynamic pitch competition, hosted by fashion designer, activist and Vital Voices Board Member Diane von Furstenberg, to present their business for the opportunity to receive a $20,000 grant.
- The opportunity recognizes their innovative work and provides Awardees with capacity-building training sessions and opportunities to connect with an unparalleled global network to advance their enterprises.