2021 U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Scholarship Program
Deadline: March 2, 2021.
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Program (TLG) is a leadership training program by the U-S- Department of State Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI). Its objective is to support academically qualified and economically deserving students in the MENA region by providing graduate study and organized research that advances knowledge, furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders, and contributes to the implementation of socially relevant initiatives.
AUB has received two US federal assistance awards under MEPI-TLG through which scholarships are being awarded to students who are committed to work on research projects associated to their eligible graduate programs of study.
- Citizen of Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria (residing outside Syria), Tunisia, or Yemen
U.S. citizens and Green Card holders are not eligible for the program.
- Academically promising student as per AUB’s admissions guidelines
- Economically disadvantaged student as per MEPI and AUB’s Financial Aid policies
- Students with potential to address local, national, and/or regional problems.
MEPI-TLG at AUB offers full scholarships to awarded applicants. This includes:
- Full tuition coverage
- Housing at AUB for the academic year (4 months of regular semesters, 1 or 2 winter semesters plus additional if summer courses are needed or your research programs/internship requires that you reside on campus)
- Health insurance
- Tickets, entrance visa and residency permit fees where applicable
- $600 USD monthly stipend for meals & living for the academic months
- Laptop computer
- Yearly round trip ticket from and to your home country where applicable
- Civic leadership workshops
- International travel, internships, and conferences
A. Online Graduate Admission Application
- Create your Online Graduate Application (OGA) and select programs that are eligible to MEPI-TLG
- Proceed to the “Financial Opportunities” section and indicate your interest in MEPI-TLG by ticking the APPLY checkbox(es) available next to the scholarship(s) name(s)
- Wait for the page to reload
- Upload the required documents in .pdf format (CV and essays as detailed on OGA)
- Click “Save” to confirm your changes
- Submit your online graduate admission application
B. Email Notification
After you finalize the submission of your Online Graduate Admission Application, you will be granted access to the AUB MEPI-TLG Financial Aid Application. An email notification will be sent to you with all the related details.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For a MEPI-TLG application to be considered complete, both Admission and MEPI-TLG Financial Assessment applications need to be submitted before March 2, 2021. Also, one cannot access the MEPI-TLG Financial Assessment without successfully submitting the admission application. Thus, kindly take this into consideration and make sure to submit your Graduate Admission Application as soon as possible. This is to allow enough time for accessing and completing the MEPI-TLG Financial Assessment Application before March 2, 2021.
C. AUB Graduate Financial Assessment Application
- Access https://www-banner.aub.edu.lb/pls/weba/bwvkkmen.P_SelectAidYear
- If you are/were an AUB student, enter your AUB ID and AUB SIS code. If you cannot remember your AUB SIS, contact the Office of the Registrar and request a password reset.
If you are a new applicant, enter your User ID (Your User ID is your Application Code on the Online Graduate Application) and enter your PIN which is set to your birthdate (MMDDYY)
- Click on “Login”
- Choose “Student Award and Financial Aid” tab
- Click on “Apply for Student Aid”
- Select the scholarship you are applying to from the dropdown menu and click “Continue”
(If you are applying to more than one scholarship, you need to complete one application and then apply for the next. When applying to the next, you will find that your data is prefilled, save each section and make sure to submit when done)
- Select Aid Year “Academic Year 2021-2022″
- Select Aid Period “Fall” and click “Continue”
- Complete and submit your AUB Graduate Financial Assessment Application including the required official documents
- Click on “Print Application” to print out a hardcopy of your application as you may be required to submit this if you are shortlisted
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.aub.edu.lb/mepi-tlg/Pages/default.aspx