2021 Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program for Young Tunisians
Deadline: December 8, 2020.
Through academic opportunities, professional engagement, and leadership development, the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) fosters economic growth, stability, and democratic development in Tunisia by equipping a network of youth with essential skills to lead positive change in their professional fields and communities.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or another other protected characteristic as established by U.S. law.
Competition for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a Tunisian citizen;
- Currently resides in Tunisia;
- Is enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered university or academic institution in Tunisia;
- Is NOT in the final year of their undergraduate program at the time of application
- Architecture students are eligible in their first, second, third, or fourth year of study. Engineering students are eligible in their first or second year (preparatory classes), and third and fourth year of undergraduate study
- Is able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa;
- Is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2021;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program;
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of at least 500, either at the time of application or after short-term pre-academic English language study in the United States; and
- Completes the academic year prior to study in the United States in good standing with a passing average (aka moyenne générale)
TJSP provides for the following:
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip travel from the participant’s home city to their host institution in the United States.
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Health benefits plans.
- A monthly allowance for living expenses
- Limited allowance for textbooks.