2021 Samya Rose Stumo Fellowship for Global Health
Deadline: April 26, 2021.
Young women play a foundational role in helping sustain the health and well-being of our communities, however they are often not given opportunities to activate change. The Samya Rose Stumo Fellowship for Global Health fosters a global community of young women to inspire their vision, develop their skills, incubate their ideas, and elevate their voices to become the change makers of tomorrow.
The fellowship seeks to identify and nurture young women from across the globe to co-create transformative global health projects with ThinkWell.
- They seek applications from outstandingly bright, motivated, and driven women with a burgeoning interest to explore a concept in global health.
- These women should be self starters, have demonstrated leadership in their communities, and have a commitment to challenge the status quo.
- Women should be in or have recently completed a master’s degree or higher.
- Initially, the fellowship will accept promising women applicants from Kenya, Indonesia,Bangladesh, and the Philippines.
- Prospective fellows can either apply for the fellowship with an original project idea or apply on the merits of their accomplishments with a desire to co-create a project in an area of interest with leading ThinkWell experts.
- Proposed ideas or areas of interest must be related to health systems, health policy, health advocacy, and/or health entrepreneurship.
Candidates will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Is the idea or area of interest financially, politically, practically realistic?
- What impact will the idea or area of interest have?
- What background/experiences make the applicant qualified to undertake a project in this space?
- Fellows will receive stipend to assist them with living expenses and project costs
- Fellows will be assigned ThinkWell mentors who are in-country leading experts in global health
- Fellows will receive customized exposure, tools, resources, and workshops to accelerate their impact
- Fellows will gain access to a global community of health professionals
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply online with the following:
1) CV outlining education, experience, and accomplishments
2) A letter of recommendation describing how the candidate exemplifies strong merits and commitment to the field of global health
3) Answers to the following questions about a project/initiative in health systems, health policy, health advocacy, or health entrepreneurship