2021 Rhodes Scholarship at Oxford University
Deadline: Varies by contry
The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship programme, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
- The broad eligibility criteria for the Rhodes Scholarship; definitive eligibility criteria are listed in the relevant Information for Candidates document for your country/region
- Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for young people of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service
- Australia (9 Scholarships)
- Bermuda (1 Scholarships)
- Canada (11 Scholarships)
- China (4 Scholarships)
- East Africa (1 Scholarships) covering Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi
- Germany (2 Scholarships)
- Hong Kong (1 Scholarships)
- India (5 Scholarships)
- Israel (2 Scholarships)
- Jamaica & The Commonwealth Caribbean (2 Scholarships) covering Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts-Nevis, Montserrat, Anguilla, The Turks And Caicos Islands, Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands
- Kenya (2 Scholarships)
- Malaysia (1 Scholarships)
- New Zealand (3 Scholarships)
- Pakistan (1 Scholarships)
- Saudi Arabia (Upto 1 Scholarships)
- Singapore (1 Scholarships)
- Southern Africa (10 Scholarships) covering South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and eSwatini
- Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine (2 Scholarships)
- United Arab Emirates (2 Scholarships)
- United States (32 Scholarships)
- West Africa (1 Scholarships) covering Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, The Island Of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe, and Togo
- Zambia (2 Scholarships)
- Zimbabwe (2 Scholarships)
- A Rhodes Scholarship covers: All University and College fees; the University application fee.
- A living stipend (£16,218 per annum 2020-21).
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.