2021 Old Mutual Imfundo Trust Scholarship for South Africans
Deadline: September 30, 2021.
The Imfundo Trust is an Old Mutual Investment Group scholarship initiative that aims to provide funding for students with a particular interest in the investments industry thereby supporting its transformation.
Imfundo means education in Nguni and true to its name, since its inception in 2011, the Trust assists black students, particularly women, to pursue their tertiary education at select South African universities.
- Business, Commerce, Finance and Management Sciences / Studies
- Computer Science and Data Processing.
As the investments business has expanded we are also accepting degrees of study in the fields of:
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Applicants who will be in their first year next year must have achieved an average of at least 70% in the mid-year Grade 12 examinations and a minimum of 70% in Mathematics and 70% in English FAL or 60% in English HL.
- Scholarship is only available to applicants who will be in their first or second year in 2022.
- Applicants currently in their first year must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
- Applicants from rural and township backgrounds will be given preference.
The Imfundo Trust Scholarships provide funding to study on a full-time basis for a first-time undergraduate at an accredited University in South Africa.