2021 Loughborough University Development Trust Africa Scholarships for Africans
Deadline: April 30, 2021.
The Loughborough Development Trust Africa Scholarshipsis open for 2021/2022 session. The scholarships are funded through a combination of generous external funding and university funds. The University will award a limited number of scholarships and the standards required are very high.
The selection panel will use the following eligibility criteria when assessing applications:
- currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a first class honours degree)
- commitment to return to your home country on completion of postgraduate programme
- evidence of the ability and commitment to make a significant contribution to your home country on your return
- full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved.
- They will cover 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any school/department or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded).
- You will be expected to fund your travel and maintenance costs through other sources. Evidence of maintenance funds must be included in the scholarship application.