2021 Leap Africa Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) for Young Nigerians
Deadline: November 24, 2021.
LEAP Africa in collaboration with BudgIT Foundation & MacArthur Foundation is announcing its Call for Application for the Youth Leadership Programme 2021.
The Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) is a 4-month Blended Leadership programme for young Nigerian undergraduates aged 18 – 30years which aims to equip and empower them with the skills, knowledge and resources required to become transformative leaders and active citizens who will drive sustainable development in their communities.
To successfully apply for the YLP, an applicant should possess the following qualities:
– A male or female Undergraduate in a tertiary institution in Nigeria
– Aged 18 – 30 years of age
– Committed to attending the online training and is available for mentoring
– Passionate about community development & improving the lives of others
– Familiar with the SDGs and eager to learn more about them
– Interested in volunteerism & other forms of active citizenship
– Eager to understand Civic Education, Politics and Governance in Nigeria
The YLP Journey is in Six (6) stages and runs for Four months (November 2021 – February 2022)
- STAGE ONE: Application by filling the registration form
- STAGE TWO-ONLINE TRAINING: All Applicants are on boarded onto the LEAP Africa Learning Management System for three weeks to interact with the Self-paced Courses that form the YLP Curriculum
- STAGE 3-VIRTUAL COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE: Participants are integrated into a Virtual Community where learning resources, programme updates and other development opportunities will be shared. Participants are also encouraged to interact with one another, promoting collaboration & knowledge sharing
- STAGE FOUR-SCREENING AND MENTORSHIP: Applicants will be screened based on Course completion rates. Only Applicants that have completed all modules will be allowed to be a part of the Live Mentorship Sessions
- STAGE FIVE-CHANGE PROJECT PITCH AND IMPLEMENTATION: Applicants will be asked to form teams of 5 persons each. Note that teams can only be formed with individuals that registered for the YLP and completed the Online Training. These teams will go ahead to pitch their innovative ideas to tackle social issues. These ideas must align with the Sustainable Development Goals. Selected teams will be supported with subgrants to carry out Change Projects
- STAGE SIX-PROGRAMME WRAP UP: Participants/Teams will be evaluated and recognized for work done for four months of the Youth Leadership Programme. Finally, successful participants are inducted into LEAP Africa’s Network of successful alumni who are thought-leaders and professionals across different spheres.