2021 International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Generation Connect Video Pitch Challenge
Deadline: July 31, 2021.
The world today has 1.8 billion young people between the ages of 10 and 24; almost to 90 per cent of whom live in developing countries. Africa’s population is 1.2 billion. Forty-one per cent of its population is below the age of 15; and 19 per cent are between 15 and 24 years old. Young people — especially girls and young women — in many developed and developing countries face disproportionate exposure to poverty and unemployment.
Internet connection provides opportunities for young people to access education, quality health care and other necessities. Generation Connect, ITU’s youth strategy initiative, aims to improve the lives of young people around the world and ensure meaningful participation of youth as key stakeholders in ITU’s implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The Generation Connect Video Pitch Challenge seeks promising and meaningful ideas to connect the unconnected to close the digital divide, highlighting the importance of youth involvement.
- Young ICT enthusiasts aged between 18 to 30 years are eligible to participate in this challenge.
- Participants must share their ideas through a story on how ITU can achieve its goals to connect the unconnected and close the digital divide.
- This story must be conveyed through a video recording no longer than one minute.
- The top 10 winning submissions will be featured at the Generation Connect Youth Summit.
- Their creators will also be invited to participate virtually in the event and join the Generation Connect virtual community.
- Standout ideas to be featured on “International Youth Day” during The Road to Addis