2021 Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) Journalist-in-Residence Programme
Deadline: June 30, 2021.
Are you an experienced journalist living and working in Africa, Asia or Latin America? Are you passionate about the fascinating world of infectious diseases and international health? Then you are the perfect candidate for our 2021 journalist-in-residence programme.
Every year, the Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) in Antwerp welcomes journalists from all over the world to immerse themselves in tropical medicine and public health. Depending on the COVID-19 situation, this year’s eighth edition of the programme will be either virtual or (partially) face-to-face.
From 2-3 December, together with the University of Pretoria, ITM’s long-standing partner institution, we will jointly organise our 62nd annual scientific colloquium. For two days, experts from around the world will discuss pressing issues in global health such as (re-)emerging and neglected tropical diseases. As top research priorities, studying (re-)emerging infections and outbreaks and accelerating disease elimination are high on the agenda at our institute.
- Be an experienced journalist living and working in Africa, Asia or Latin America
- Passionate about the fascinating world of infectious diseases and international health
- If you are selected for this year’s journalist-in-residence programme, you will have the opportunity to report extensively about the Colloquium.
- You will get to delve into the subject matter, attend all sessions of the online event and interview world-renowned experts.
- There will also be ample opportunity for other learning experiences, as well as quiet time for reading and independent study.