2021 Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) Research and Policy Part-Time Project Officer Recruitment
Deadline: March 19, 2021.
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) is a Cape Town-based non-profit think tank that seeks to build free democratic and inclusive societies across Africa. It currently seeks to fill the part-time position of Project Officer within its Research and Policy Programme. The Project Officer will work on Supporting the Engagement of Pan-African Civil Society Initiatives with the African Governance Platform Project. This EU funded project will be completed in collaboration with Afrobarometer, Institute for Development Studies, University of Nairobi, and Centre for Democratic Development Ghana (Accra), and Laws Africa, University of Cape Town.
Working under the leadership of the Afrobarometer Senior Project Leader, the new Project Officer will help to ensure that the Project is implemented timeously while maintaining the high standards IJR has come to be known for.
- Disseminate analysis and project findings with CSOs and the broader public
- Co-promote website updates on social media platforms
- Co-develop training modules based on Afrobarometer findings
- Convene online and in-person meetings and workshops
- Co-develop joint communications plan and prepare communications materials
- Coordinate communications campaigns
- Produce work plans and ensure timely and effective implementation of project activities, according to work plans;
- Prepare reports as required by the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit of the project
- An undergraduate degree in Political Science, Development Studies, International Relations or a related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and ability to work independently
- Above average computer skills with a strong preference to Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multi-country stakeholders
- Strategic communications (esp. Social media engagement)
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a wide range of tasks
Suitably qualified candidates, with South African citizenship, or who are already in possession of relevant documentation to work in South Africa, are encouraged to apply
Please email your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to Ms Elisha Kotze (email@example.com) with the subject heading “Research and Policy Project Officer Vacancy”.