2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Software Engineer Internship for Young South Africans
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Their people and their relentless dedication to helping their customers make their mark on the world.
They are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by their purpose and driven by their strategy. They live by their three values: partner, innovate and act.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
They’re recognized leaders in Wi-Fi technology, and their mission is to provide the Edge-to-Cloud platform upon which our customers innovate in the mobile, IoT, and cloud era. They started small, a California-based start-up, and joined Hewlett Packard in 2015.
Depending on your role, you’ll be working on one or more of the following:
- Front-end development of our dashboards: data visualisation work, UI and UX design, graphing large quantities of data, optimising performance
- Back-end development to support our dashboards: handling big data, real-time data streaming, scaling our systems to handle 10,000+ devices reporting 24/7, API development
- Back-end development on device management software: handle device configs, package updates, device logistics
- Dev ops work around CI, deployment processes, managing our systems and servers
- Device software dev: planning and implementing new ways to test network performance, low-level device security and encryption, device recovery systems, Linux kernel work
- Hardware development: firmware development, digital circuit design, RF work, manufacturing and production logistics
- Bachelor’s degree holder with a focus in computer science, IT.
- Collaborative, solution-focused and act with a sense of urgency.
- Comfortable working in a hybrid (virtual and face-to-face) environment.
- Thrive on fresh challenges and continual learning.
- Problem solver, a quick study, and hooked on web development
- Passionate developer who cares about design, performance, and creating outstanding user experiences.
- Exceptional communicator and presentation skills.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element