2021 GWP-AIP Young Leaders Fellowship – Tunis Based
Deadline: June 11, 2021.
The Global Water Partnership – Mediterranean is opening the applications for the GWP-AIP Young Leaders Fellowship, in the framework of the Water Climate Development and Gender Transformation Programme of the African Water Investment Programme (AIP WACDEP-G) to be based in Tunis, Tunisia. The successful candidate will have an Agreement with the Mediterranean Information Office for Environment, Culture and Sustainable Development (MIO-ECSDE), a civil non-profit society based in Greece, in its capacity as Host Institute for GWP-Med.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the fellowship:
• A Masters’ degree, at least, in fields such as water, climate, environment and natural resources, gender, and energy studies, or in any discipline that is relevant to GWP work. PhDs are advantageous.
• General knowledge and understanding of water resources management.
• A solid understanding of international development, gender, water security, environmental management, climate change, and climate change adaptation.
• Fluency in English, French and Arabic.
• A person living in Tunisia, and aged 35 years or younger on May 30, 2021
- GWP will provide a small stipend to the fellows. GWP will pay for accommodation and travel expenses, if any project-related travel is required. Fellows are entirely responsible for their own living costs such as groceries and health insurance.
- However, they will be provided with operational tools, such as a laptop, for use during the period of the fellowship
Interested candidates can apply by sending an e-mail to the attention of Ms. Zoe Karka, [email protected] with the indication ‘‘Application for GWP-AIP Young Leaders Fellowship (27/2021/WACDEP-G)” in the subject, attaching the following documents:
• a motivation letter, in English, briefly explaining why they are a suitable candidate for the advertised fellowship, describing their experience, qualifications and competencies responding to the position’s eligibility criteria. Contents should focus on the qualifications relative to the position’s requirements. The cover letter should be 1 page max.
• their comprehensive CV, in English,including contact details, past experience and achievements, and reference contacts. The CV should be 3 pages max (pertinent annexes may be attached).