2021 GWEC/GWNET Women in Wind Global Leadership Program
Deadline: February 14, 2021.
The IRENA/Women in Wind report “Wind energy: A gender perspective” also reflected a dire leadership gap, with only 8 per cent of senior management roles in the global wind energy sector held by women. The majority of women occupy roles in administration and non-STEM occupations in wind energy.In order to advance the role of women as agents of change in society and promote best practices within the wind industry, the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) partnered with the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) to launch the Women in Wind Global Leadership Program in 2019. The program is designed to accelerate the careers of women in the wind industry, support their pathway to leadership positions and foster a global network of mentorship, knowledge-sharing and empowerment.
- Diversity in background and geography are driving principles of the program. In 2021, its third year of operation, the program will welcome 12-15 participants across all disciplines of the sector.
- Making the case for diversity in developing countries and emerging markets is a core principle of the program.
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of the following emerging markets for wind power: Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
1. A mentorship program with monthly virtual meetings
2. A specially designed learning and development program, with knowledge transfer webinars and skill-building elements for leadership, communication, presentation and industry visibility
3. A week-long study tour in Europe, including an industry conference, visits and meetings at key institutions, facilities and company headquarters relevant to the wind sector, as well as high-level seminars and workshops (pending feasibility in 2021)
4. Network-building opportunities at major international energy events
5. A ceremony for program completion held at a high-level industry summit
OFFICIAL LINK: https://gwec.net/women-in-wind/about-the-program/