2021 GREAT Scholarships for a sustainable future for Students from Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey and Vietnam
GREAT Scholarships for a sustainable future are for students from Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey and Vietnam who want to study at a UK university for a one-year postgraduate course in a climate change-related subject.
The scholarships are jointly funded by the British Council, the GREAT Britain Campaign, and participating UK higher education institutions.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- are a passport holder from one of the following countries: Egypt, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey and Vietnam.
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university
- can meet the academic and English language requirements of the UK university you apply to.
GREAT scholars should be:
- motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course
- active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
- willing to share experiences, create content and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- comfortable acting as an ambassador for GREAT Scholarships for a sustainable future and a spokesperson about climate change
- willing to attend COP26 events upon invitation from the British Council
- willing to speak to potential candidates about their experience of studying in the UK
Each scholarship offers a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees.
For the 2021-22 academic year there are postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions:
- Anglia Ruskin University – Turkey (one) and Vietnam (one).
- Cranfield University – Egypt (one) and Turkey (one).
- Royal Agricultural University – Egypt (one) and Vietnam (one).
- University College London – Egypt (one) and Vietnam (one).
- University of Bristol – Nigeria (one), Pakistan (one) and Vietnam (one).
- University of Derby – Nigeria (one) and Pakistan (one).
- University of East Anglia – Pakistan (one), Nigeria (one), Turkey (one) and Vietnam (one).
- University of Edinburgh – Nigeria (one) and Pakistan (one).
- University of Essex – Egypt (one) and Turkey (one)
- University of Glasgow – Pakistan (one) and Turkey (one).
- University of Greenwich – Vietnam (one).
- University of Manchester – Egypt (one) and Nigeria (one).
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit the university website by clicking on the link above for more information and for the subjects available.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.