2021 Global Peace Photo Award for Photographers Worldwide
Deadline: May 23, 2021.
The Global Peace Photo Award (formerly the Alfred Fried Photography Award) is organized by Edition Lammerhuber in partnership with Photographische Gesellschaft (PHG), UNESCO, Austrian Parliament, Austrian Parliamentary Reporting Association, International Press Institute (IPI), German Youth Photography Award and the World Press Photo Foundation
The Photographische Gesellschaft, (PHG) is the longest-standing photographic society in the German-speaking countries and the second-oldest in the world.
- The Global Peace Photo Award is open to all photographers from anywhere in the world.
- you may enter several photographs as individual submissions without an overall theme. Or you can submit up to 20 photographs as one story
- you may submit as many entries as you wish.
- All digitally edited images must make clear what has been done to them in the captions that accompany the images.
- The top five listed photographers will be awarded the Alfred Fried Peace Medal. The Peace Image of the Year will receive €10,000.
- The winning picture will be on display for one year at the Austrian Parliament and will be included in the permanent art collection of the Austrian Parliament.
- All winners will be invited to Vienna to the award ceremony at the Austrian Parliament on 21 September 2021. with travel expenses and accommodation paid.
- The winning pictures and a best-of the-shortlist will be shown at the Festival La Gacilly-Baden Photo, the largest outdoor photo festival in Europe, with over 300 000 visitors.