2021 Generation Equality Film Festival for Filmmakers and Storytellers
Deadline: March 12, 2021.
Do you believe in gender equality for an equal future? Are you between 18 and 30 and passionate about creative storytelling to visualize your belief in women’s rights and activism? This is your chance to show the world your work!
The Generation Equality Film Festival will take place during the Generation Equality Forum, a global gathering for gender equality, convened by UN Women and co-hosted by the governments of Mexico and France, with the partnership of civil society. Kicking off in Mexico City on 29–31 March 2021, and culminating in Paris in June 2021, the Forum will secure a set of transformative commitments for gender equality.
- Be to-the-point: Films must not exceed 3 minutes of running time, including credits.
- Be original: Only original works that have not been presented to other festivals.
- Be under 30: Professional and non-professional filmmakers and storytellers of all genders ages 18-30 years old are invited to submit works.
- Be action-oriented: Films should capture stories about taking action to change realities, hearts and minds, for a gender-equal generation.
- Be creative and diverse: any film type is accepted, fiction, nonfiction or documentary, experimental videos, animation, and more. We encourage a creative spirit that reflects youth activism – diverse, inclusive, original.
- Filmmakers must choose only one category: Feminist movements and Leadership; Economic Justice and Rights; or Women, Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action.
- The winner of each category will receive a cash prize of 1,000 USD.
– You can submit one video only to the film festival for consideration through the online platform on FilmFreeway, subject to the rules.
– Films must not exceed 3 minutes of running time, including credits.
– The period for submissions is from 12 February 2021 through 12 March 2021 at midnight EST.
– The content of all submissions must address gender equality and women´s empowerment issues.