2021 Facebook Reader Revenue Program for News Organizations in Central and Eastern Europe.
Deadline: September 28, 2021.
excited to announce that applications for the Facebook Reader Revenue Program are now open for news organizations in Central and Eastern Europe.Publishers from Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania are encouraged to apply for this training opportunity by September 28.
This program, which will begin in mid October and conclude in early 2022, features live virtual sessions led by expert coaches who will guide participants through rigorous and interactive lessons. These lessons come in addition to weekly expert coaching from industry leaders that will help Accelerator participants sharpen their reader revenue strategies.
In addition, the program will provide an opportunity to explore Facebook advertising solutions. Selected publishers will receive strategic consulting support to grow subscribers on Facebook and Instagram through Facebook Ads/paid tools. Publishers may indicate their interest in this additional training in the application form.
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following general eligibility criteria and apply by the September 28 deadline.
- You are a news organization of any type (digital, print, broadcast, etc.) located in Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania publishing public interest news content on a regular basis.
- Your news organization has an existing reader revenue business (membership, subscription, donation) or plans to launch one within the next ninety days.
- Your news organization is willing to commit to the program’s requirements including:
- You are willing to commit a cross-functional team of two to five members to the program.
- You understand this team will commit roughly five hours per week to this program, including group sessions and your own team’s coaching calls.
- You have at least two team members who are able to communicate in English when translation is not available.
- You are willing to share the results of your organization’s tests conducted during the program openly with other program participants and keep the results of other program participants’ results confidential.
This learning series, offered by the Facebook Journalism Project in partnership with the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), is designed to empower up to 15 selected publishers with intensive training, individual coaching and $50,000 USD in grant funding to help participants supercharge their reader revenue models.