2021 Desmond Tutu/Church of Scotland Masters Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh
Deadline: April 5, 2021.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a one year postgraduate Masters programme of study within the School of Divinity and who has the official endorsement from the General Secretary or Principal Clerk of their Church.
This scholarship was set up in 2009 to commemorate the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Divinity conferred by the University on the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu.
1. The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a one year postgraduate Masters programme of study within the School of Divinity.
2. Shortlisted candidates will require to have the official endorsement from the General Secretary or the Principal Clerk of their Church.
3. The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor Degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree.
4. Applicants must be a member of a Church of Scotland partner church in Africa. Eligible partner churches are:
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Ghana
- Presbyterian Church of Ghana
- Presbyterian Church of East Africa
- Synod of the Nile of the Evangelical Church of Egypt
- Church of Central Africa Presbyterian
- Igreja Evangelica de Cristo em Mocambique
- Presbyterian Church of Nigeria
- Presbyterian Church of South Sudan
- The Programme of Christian Muslim Relations in Africa’
- United Church of Zambia
- Uniting Presbyterian Church of Southern Africa
The scholarship will cover:
- Full overseas tuition fee
- Accommodation within a Church of Scotland flat within Edinburgh
- £500 per calendar month for living costs
- Visa costs
- One return airfare
- Insurance from Church of Scotland business travel, underwritten by Aviva.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance