2021 Cyber Defence (CYD) Master Thesis Fellowship
Deadline: On Rolling Basis.
CYD Master Thesis Fellowships will provide a living allowance and research funds for six months, enabling fellows to complete a Master thesis at the CYD Campus under the supervision of a professor at a higher education institution in Switzerland.
The CYD Master Thesis applicants can select one master thesis topic out of 58 topics defined by the CYD Campus, or they may propose their own thesis topic (in which case, they must select “other” on the application platform). The full list of topics is available here.
The CYD Master Thesis Fellowships are open to researchers at master level who are willing to engage with issues cutting across the frontiers of cyber-security and data science, with a particular emphasis on:
- Novel technologies for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cyber and cyber-physical systems
- Privacy-enhancing technologies
- Data science and artificial intelligence methods for analysing cyber- and technology-relevant data
- Research on vulnerabilities and backdoors in digital systems.
- Citizens of any nationality may apply for the CYD Master Thesis Fellowships.
- No age restrictions apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Master program at a higher education institution (university or school of applied sciences) in Switzerland and have the endorsement of a professor employed in this institution willing to supervise them
Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Living allowance equal to CHF 2’000.- per month for a maximum duration of 6 months.
- Research costs: a maximum amount of CHF 1’500 can be granted for research costs
- Please read carefully the application guidelines.
- All required documents must be submitted via the online submission platform.
- All documents must be submitted in English.