2021 Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Students from Developing Commonwealth Countries.
Deadline: April 26, 2021.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship
Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya
Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New, Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka,
Tanzania, The Gambia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu and Zambia
A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required.
You must apply to study an eligible master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme.
Please see the full list of participating universities and eligible courses.
The CSC’s online application form is now open.
Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 17:00 (BST) on 10 May 2021 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- At least one reference– submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
- An offer letter to start their chosen course of study in the 2021-2022 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system.