2021 Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) Project Farmtitude for Lagos Based Agripreneurs
Deadline: September 30, 2021.
Project FARMTITUDE is an initiative of the 2021 fellows of the U.S. Consulate General, Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI), Lagos. The project is aimed at empowering youths in the Ikorodu Local government area of Lagos with the knowledge, skills and resources required to start small scale crop production businesses while maximizing the value chain.
Project FARMTITUDE provides selected youth with the knowledge, skills, tools, and network to start and build sustainable and scalable crop-based agricultural enterprises. These participants will work in groups, have access to demonstration farms, provided with start up kits and be exposed to a range of partners within the agriculture value chain.
At the end of this project, participants would be supported to develop business plans, register their businesses, equipped with basic business and farm kits, connected to market, and seed fund would be provided to outstanding youth.
* Either running a farm business or have access to a space to start one
* Between the age of 18 – 30 years (Women and people with disabilities are strongly advised to register)
* Residing in Ikorodu LGA of Lagos or consider the location very accessible
* Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
* Seed fund to start a small-scale agricultural enterprise
* Business and Farm tool kits
* Personal and Business Leadership Trainings
* Hands-on farm practice
* Access to online agricultural marketplace
* Coaching and mentoring from industry experts
* Partnerships and Networking.
* A demonstrated knowledge and passion in starting a business within the agricultural sector
* Ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others
* Proven record in leadership and/or civic engagement
* Strong communication skills.