2021 British Council Future Leaders Connect for Emerging Policy Leaders
Deadline: July 5, 2021.
This year’s programme will run from Monday 11 October to Friday 19 November 2021. It will include all the elements of previous years – the taught component, networking, relationship-building and action plan development – delivered digitally. The difficulty of meeting face-to-face at this time has given us an additional real-world challenge that will only inspire our future global leaders.
The programme will consist of self guided study, team work and live online sessions. Participants will commit to spending an average of 10 hours a week on the programme, for six weeks.
- The programme is open to individuals of the participating countries who meet all the criteria listed below. The participating countries are; Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Ukraine and UK.
- Be aged between 25 and 35 years old when the 2021 programme starts
- Be able to speak and understand English (no official qualification is required but you must be able to speak English to IELTS level 7 or equivalent.
- Be available to participate and commit to the six-week digital training programme from 11 October to 19 November 2021. The programme is estimated to be a total 60 hours of work with approximately 10 hours per week. The programme will consist of self guided study, team work and live online sessions. The live sessions will be scheduled on a Tuesday and Wednesday and will be communicated in advance
- To join the programme you will need to have access to a smart device – mobile, tablet or lap top for the duration of the course
Members will benefit from:
- Exclusive access to policy experts and training
- The opportunity to learn about leadership styles and access international networks to make a difference through policy-making
- The chance to discuss your policy ideas with UK Parliamentarians and Government and network with some of the world’s most senior leaders
- Joining an exclusive network of exceptional policy change makers from around the world and discuss today’s biggest global challenges.
New for 2021:
- Coaching sessions with existing Future Leader Connect members to expand your network and support you during and after the programme
- Access to the British Council Foreign Policy Forum, a vibrant network (professionals working on the development of foreign policy for think tanks, political parties and parliamentarians) with exclusive access to events, platforms, intelligence and insight from across the British Council global network
- Mentors (mostly representing UK think tanks) who will support you to develop and deliver your policy action plan
- A wider, more diverse range of contributors and speakers.