2021 BMGA Fellows Program for Young African Women
Deadline: April 18, 2021.
The BMGA Fellows Program is a social impact initiative designed to narrow the gender skills gap that exists among female university graduates in Africa. It is a six-month online blended program that provides young women with access to knowledge and resources required to gain fundamental employability skills that strengthen their marketability for a successful career in the 21st Century.
Based on the learnings and methodology from BMGA’s capacity-building program for corporate clients, the program was designed to give academically motivated female university graduates or final year students the unique opportunity to have a transformational learning experience that will play a pivotal role in their personal and professional development. The program enables participants to develop essential skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, emotional intelligence, teamwork among others.
- The program admits high-potential female Africans, who are final year students or professionals with not more than 2 (two) years post-graduation experience.
- Applicants must have graduated top of their class and final year students must have a minimum current CGPA equivalent to 3.5 on a 5 point scale. .
- There is no age restriction.
- Young women from all professions and career paths are welcome to apply.
- They are looking for young women who are academically motivated and passionate about making an impact in the social, economic, and political development of Africa.
- Once selected, participants go through an intensive six-month learning experience that utilizes modern technological tools and resources to aid transformational learning. The program consists of 7 modules led by industry experts and professors from top universities across the world. With the use of live classes, TED talks, case studies, and other learning tools, participants are able to gain new insights into the skills required for the next Information Revolution.
- During the program, participants also actively engage in peer-to-peer mentoring with graduate students in top universities across the world.
- Upon graduation, BMGA Fellows are inducted into an active Alumni network and attend periodic meet-ups to discuss pertinent issues within their industries and share inspiring solutions. Fellows also have the opportunity to receive post-program mentorship from senior-level professionals. The BMGA Fellows Program has been designed in a way that holistically transforms each participant into globally competitive professionals.