2021 Allianz Climate Risk Research Award
Deadline: September 15, 2021.
Launched in 2017, the Allianz Climate Risk Research Award acknowledges and rewards young scientists whose works shed light on the nexus between climate change and the extreme weather events that threaten millions of livelihoods and present ways these populations could be better protected. It targets PhD candidates and Post-Doctoral researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change;
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- you are an individual author
- you submit only one research
- you are a PhD student or a postdoctoral researcher (recent PhD graduates and
postdoctoral graduates can also apply if the defence of final research to obtain title is
not more than two years at the time of the application)
- if you are selected as Finalist, you must attend the Award Event in Munich and present
your work in person.
- Ten candidates are shortlisted by a jury and their work is published in a Compendium. Out of the ten, four are invited to Munich, Germany, to present their research at the awards ceremony.
- In addition to having all expenses paid for, all four finalists received cash prizes, ranging from EUR2,000 to EUR7,000 to support their research.