2021 African App Launchpad Competition for African Startups on App and Game Development
Deadline: October 31, 2021.
The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African States and foster establishment of sustainable startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL targets to build capacity of 10,000 young calibers and support the establishment of 100 startups in gaming and app development across all Africa. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
- GAME DEVELOPMENT: Join this track if your startup team is working on game development, VR, or AR applications.
- APP DEVELOPMENT: Join this track if your startup team is working on specific App development using any technology. (Mobile, Cloud, Web, IOT, AI, .. etc)
- Eligible Africa Countries:
- Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
- Apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 Years Old
- Team Size not Less than 2 Members
- A Working Prototype at least is a Must
- $72K Total Cash Prizes for Winners
- Business Planning and Tech Training by IBM
- Mentorship by IBM Experts
- Cloud credits from Startup with IBM prorgam
The submitted applications as well as pitching will be judged on the 3 following areas:
- Business Model
- ICT Technology Role
- Team Experience and Integration