2020 Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace Industry
Deadline: November 15, 2019.
Globally, women make up around 25 percent of the workforce in the aerospace industry. In an effort to carry out its mission that women have access to all resources and are represented in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men, Zonta International offers the Amelia Earhart Fellowship.
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship was established in 1938 in honor of famed pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. The US$10,000 Fellowship is awarded annually to up to 30 women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering. It may be used at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields.
1. Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are eligible.
2. Students must be registered in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program and completed at least one year of that program or have received a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is submitted.
3. Applicants must not graduate from their Ph.D. or doctoral program before April 2020.
4. Please note that post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
5. Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are also not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
The US$10,000 Fellowship is awarded annually
1. The Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee reviews the applications and recommends recipients to the Zonta International Board.
2. You may download a PDF version of the application, but please note this is for preparation purposes only. Hard copy and email applications will not be submitted.
3. You must complete your application using the online form at zontainternational.awardspring.com.