2020 WFUNA Calls for Nomination for Young Leader of the Year Award
Deadline: September 27, 2020.
WFUNA supports and encourages youth engagement and participation in the United Nations Associations and United Nations Youth Associations around the world through the WFUNA Youth Network. With this initiative, we want to highlight the contributions of thousands of young people to our organization and share their achievements with a wider audience. In commemoration of International Youth Day 2020, they are launching a call for nominations for WFUNA Young Leader of the Year.
WFUNA Young Leader of the Year has to be able to inspire other youth looking to get involved in global issues.
An ideal candidate shows:
- Inspirational Leadership
- Grassroots work on the theme of the year
- Integrity and commitment towards improving the lives of others
In addition, the WFUNA Young Leader of the Year is:
- Between 15-29 years old
- A member of a United Nations Association or United Nations Youth Association
They encourage nominations of young people that are working to:
- Participate actively in efforts to respond to the pandemic, either as frontline workers or through indirect support;
- Contribute to challenging negative stereotypes associated with young people seen as spoilers to an effective response;
- Find creative and innovative solutions to continue implementing youth programs amidst challenges posed by COVID-19;
- Make upholding human rights central to recovery plans;
- Strengthen solidarity and cooperation between peoples and nations.
Apart from being able to state proudly that you have been selected as WFUNA Young Leader of 2020, you might be able to:
- in WFUNA’s awareness raising campaigns and advocacy efforts
- Engage in panel discussions, workshops, training sessions facilitated by WFUNA
- Free participation in WFUNA’s programs, such as the Human Rights Youth Training in Geneva, WIMUN, Mission Possible, etc.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://wfuna.org/youth/leader-of-year