2020 UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition for African Citizens
Deadline: July 10, 2020.
UONGOZI Institute is pleased to announce this year’s Leadership Essay Competition, the eighth since inception (2013). Similar to previous years, this year’s topic aims to solicit thoughts on the theme of the African Leadership Forum (ALF). The essays should respond to the following question:
If you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in the Continent?
Applicants must be African citizens between 18-25 years.
1. A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner. Up to five winners will be selected.
2. The winners will receive their awards at a prize-giving event, which will be held online during the ALF in July 2020.
3. The ceremony will be attended by former African Heads of State and other distinguished leaders from the public sector, private sector, academia and civil society.
4. The overall winner will be asked to read the winning essay at the event.
1. Essays should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
2. Applicants must also submit a written Statement of Originality and ownership of intellectual property rights.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://uongozi.blog/2020/06/08/uongozi-institute-leadership-essay-competition-2020-now-open/