2020 UBA Sierra Leone National Essay Competition
Deadline: December 11, 2020.
NEC is a UBA Foundation Initiative scheduled to be organised every year in countries where UBA has presence. This program has been running for the past 9 years in several countries. I am happy to note that UBA Sierra Leone is joining other UBA Group subsidiaries in Africa to launch the programme this year.
NEC is for senior secondary students as part of UBA Foundation’s CSR pillar focusing on education, just like its Read Africa Initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students across Africa.
- Applicant must be a senior secondary school pupil
- Applicant should upload scanned copy of their hand-written essay, of not less than 450 words and not above 500 words on the topic
- Applicant must submit their essay only once.
- Applicant Must submit a passport photograph and birth certificate
- Applicant Must submit their essays on or before the 11th of December 2020, late entries will not be accepted.
“During the COVID-19 Pandemic school closures, explain the interventions you wish you had implemented to make your life at home or your community more comfortable”
Scholarship grant to the 3 National Winners:
First – Le 50million
Second – Le 30million
Third – Le 20million
Trophies for the 3 National Winners
Laptop plus Plaque/Certificate of Participation for all the 12 Finalists
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number of Parents and Guardian, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their birth certificates and a passport picture.
- Applicant should send scanned hand-written essay to [email protected] or WhatsApp to +23275142718