2020 U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia Ambassador’s Distinguished Scholars Program
Deadline: April 10, 2020.
The Ambassador’s Distinguished Scholars Program offers a unique opportunity for a diverse set of qualified academics to advance scholarship in Ethiopia as full-time teaching faculty members at Ethiopian institutions of higher education. The aim of the program is to strengthen Ethiopian universities’ capacity to teach and manage undergraduate and graduate programs and enhance research capacity within Ethiopian universities.
1. They seek applications from a diverse range of qualified academics.
2. They welcome applications from scholars with a range of experience, including recent doctoral graduates and professors emeriti. Faculty positions are available in over 60 disciplines.
3. Preferred fields of study include STEM fields, Social Sciences, and Humanities.
4. There is a preference for candidates with academic expertise that matches with the areas of specialization desired by the host institutions.
1. Scholars will have the opportunity to engage in primary research with doctoral students, work to publish results, teach, design curriculum, mentor students, and collaborate with faculty at their host institution for one academic semester.
2. Program benefits include a monthly stipend and in-country advising from the IIE Ethiopia office as well as support from the universities, and the U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia.