2020 Tiso Foundation Undergraduate Bursary for South Africans
Deadline: September 30, 2019.
South Africa is rich with talent and potential, but because of funding constraints and few opportunities, so much of this potential is never fully realised to the detriment of the socio- economic development of our country. The Tiso Foundation through its Undergraduate Bursary Programme in partnership with various South African Universities seeks to identify deserving previously disadvantaged candidates who have demonstrated talent and determination in their previous academic lives. The Foundation nurtures and empowers participants to achieve their academic potential, and go on to a meaningful career that will have a lasting impact on their careers, communities and the country. Scholarships are awarded to under privileged youth from marginalized communities who meet the selection criteria.
• Must be between the ages of 18 and 34
• Students must be South African citizens
• You must be from the previously disadvantaged groups as outlined by the South African government (Black, Coloured or Indian)
• Must be in possession of excellent matric results with a minimum average of 70%.
• Must produce excellent results if already registered as a full time student a minimum of 65% average.
• Must be financially needy and unemployed.
• Must portray and excellent positive attitude.
• Must be dedicated to their studies.
• Must provide references.
• Must be willing to give back to the community.
1. Throughout the programme, beneficiaries are offered life skills training and academic support. Upon completion the Foundation is available to assist the best students to access career opportunities through its network of corporate and institutional relationships.
2. The Tertiary Bursary covers university fees, accommodation, textbooks
To apply, Click on the link for our online application https://tiso.devman.co.za/Devman/web/bursary/