2020 Mo Ibrahim Foundation Governance for Development in Africa Initiative PhD Scholarship at SOAS University of London
Deadline: March 31, 2020.
The Centre of African Studies offers 2 PhD scholarships to African nationals as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
The eligible PhD are only those within the following departments:
- Development Studies
- International Relations/Politics
- CISD (Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy)
- DEFIMS (Department for Financial and Management Studies )
- Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
1. Applications are invited for PhD studentships focused on the area of state capacities, governance and bureaucracy for development. T
2. his may include projects designed to understand public sector governance capabilities, political settlements, state business relations, the governance of state owned enterprises, the governance of development policy design and implementation, and so on.
3. Applications must focus on the public sector/state/civil service, on governance, and on development.
Once the place is secured, the applicants can apply for the scholarship. Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members. The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Please provide the following documents:
- a copy of the unconditional offer received from SOAS admissions office
- CV (please include your email address)
- 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
- Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)
- one academic reference (to be sent directly by referee to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please apply via this online application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/ d/e/ 1FAIpQLSd5xReVcO8dw7gXogNqfdIy 5FbjnrP9fww-eljAEWEJIXWFAQ/ viewform?usp=sf_link