2020 Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Africa’s Pan African Entrepreneurial Training Program
Deadline: February 7, 2020.
The MEST Training Program is a 12-month, full time, fully sponsored program in which the cohort – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – complete a graduate-level course in software development, business and communications, with a focus on practical implementation.
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed to ensure EITs master industry-proven methodologies for developing startups. This coursework is supplemented by sector speaks and a series of guest lectures, bringing in the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs.
They recruit applicants with the following qualities
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams
- Proven academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
EITs gain hands-on experience, while engaging with renowned guests and members of the MEST community
1. GLOBAL STAFF: Senior faculty bring years of entrepreneurial and industry experience, while global Training Program fellows offer specific expertise.
2. HANDS ON PROJECTS: EITs gain experience building, validating and pitching business ideas in a fail-safe environment. They do this 4 times throughout the year in what we call Capstones.
3. GUEST LECTURE: Training is supplemented by guest lectures from experienced entrepreneurs and internationally-recognized executives.
4. FULL SUPPORT: MEST is a fully sponsored program. All EITs receive a full scholarship to attend the 1-year training.