2020 John A. Kufuor Foundation Scholar Programme for Ghanaian
Deadline: March 31, 2020.
Leadership is a critical element in a nation’s development, and every generation has a duty to secure the future by grooming its youth toward effective leadership roles. Successive generations of Ghanaian youth have been instrumental in the nation’s progress. As the country consolidates democratic governance and achieves the middle-income status, the readiness of the youth in assuming leadership roles will even be more crucial. However, a slack in youth leadership dynamism is increasingly evident, as their education is challenged by the rapidly changing local and global environment, which weakens the requisite values and orientation for effective leadership.
KSP is a three-year training program that offers selected candidates mentorship and coaching, stipend, and specialized seminars and experiential activities in defined areas such as:
- Citizenship and Civic Responsibility
- Interpersonal skills, Leadership skills, Leadership seminars & Camps
- Problem-solving, Research & Innovation
- Integrity & Accountability
- Corruption and Accountable Governance
- Nation Building
- Ghana in a Globalized World
- Public Administration in Ghana.
- Project Planning and Management
To be eligible for consideration, the potential Kufuor Scholar must:
- Be of Ghanaian nationality.
- Have successfully completed the first semester level 100 of study at a Ghanaian university in any academic discipline. Students who are in second year (level 200) and beyond are not eligible
- Have demonstrable leadership interest and experience (e.g. in school, community or at the national level).
- Focus on ability to lead, commitment to service, moral force of character and outstanding academic intellect.
1. Over a 3-year period, the Scholar would benefit from leadership mentoring, camps, excursions and visits, seminars, practical leadership internships, and execution of personal projects prior to graduation.
2. Included in the package is a branded personal laptop and a stipend of GH¢500 per semester.
3. The Scholar may also have the opportunity of participating in International Exchange Programs.
OFFICIAL LINK: http://kufuorscholarsprogram.org/become-kufuor-scholar/