2020 IUSSP Population, Poverty and Inequality Research Conference: Call for Papers
Deadline: December 16, 2019.
The IUSSP Scientific Panel on Population, Poverty and Inequality invites economists, demographers, economic demographers, sociologist, and scholars from other related disciplines to submit their research on the interactions between population dynamics, poverty and inequality.
The 2nd IUSSP Population, Poverty, and Inequality conference will be jointly organized with Agence Française de Développement (AFD), a leading institution that funds, supports and accelerates the transitions to a fairer and more sustainable world.
In examining the interaction of population with poverty and inequality, the Panel is interested in the causal impact in both directions: poverty and inequality impacting population dynamics, and population dynamics affecting poverty and inequality. The conference has a focus on policy-relevant research germane to low- and middle-income settings and welcomes studies on how the intersection of population, poverty and inequality is shaped by public policy.
1. The Panel invites submissions from scholars using secondary source data analysis, natural experiments, and encourages those who have primary data collection for baseline data analysis, policy and program evaluations, mixed methods, and big data, to bring a range of data analysis methods to spark the advancement of science addressing old problems and present emerging topics.
2. The conference is a friendly and inclusive forum, and the format will enable scholars and policy makers from around the world to engage and collaborate. As such, they ask that participants attend the 2.5 to 3 days of the conference.
3. The official language of the conference is English. Submissions must include a description of the research objectives and intersections with the IUSSP Population, Poverty and Inequality themes, the data and research methods, some preliminary results, and the policy relevance of the research.
Travel awards will be provided to assist a limited number of conference participants (presenters, discussants, chairs). Priority will be given to those participants traveling from low-income countries.
1. Researchers are invited to submit a short AND an extended abstract (four-page minimum) or a draft paper to the IUSSP Population, Poverty and Inequality 2020 Conference.
2. To submit an abstract please fill out the online submission form on the IUSSP website at: ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM.
3. If you do not have an IUSSP user or member account you will need to create an account. (You do not have to be an IUSSP member to submit for or participate in this conference).
DEADLINES AND IMPORTANT DATES
- Call for conference extended abstracts/papers opens: 1 October 2019
- Call for conference extended abstracts/papers closes: 16 December 2019
- Authors notified of extended abstracts/papers accepted: 28 January 2020
- Deadline for making online revisions to papers: 25 May 2020
- Conference: 22-24 June 2020