2020 IREX University Administration Support Program Fellowships in Research Management for Leaders from Africa or Eurasia
Deadline: March 3, 2020.
The UASP Fellowships in Research Management support the development of university research management and knowledge transfer capacity through a six-week fellowship in the United States for mid- to senior-level university leaders.
Two weeks of training in Washington, DC, a virtual learning environment, and a four-week placement at a respected U.S. university support participants to build their universities into leading research institutions that impact their communities. Following the placement, fellows are supported to implement reforms in their home institution.
- Be a citizen of and reside in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda at the time of application and participation;
- Hold a full-time mid- or senior-level position focusing on research management at an eligible university (seniority should be sufficient to demonstrate capacity to be a catalyst for change).*
- Demonstrate engagement with the DVC/Director Research or an equivalent post and clearly articulate alignment of the proposed fellowship area of focus with institutional priorities;
- Have a sufficient level of proficiency in written and spoken English to work independently in the United States and engage colleagues;
- Be able to receive and maintain a J-1 visa. Please note, your passport should be valid at least 6 months after the fellowship program end date;
- Be available to participate in the fellowship in the United States for approximately six weeks during Fall 2020 or Winter 2021;
- Be committed to producing several fellowship-related assignments, including a comparative case study and implementation plan on a topic of research management; and
- Not be a current IREX employee and/or consultant or an immediate family member (spouses, children, parents, siblings) of an IREX employee or consultant
The fellowship model includes:
- Two weeks of intensive training in Washington, DC
- A four-week placement observing and analyzing research management operations at a respected US university
- Peer-to-peer learning
- A virtual learning environment to share resources and network with peers remotely
- Post-placement support implementing reforms, including a small grants competition
The application will ask applicants to prepare and upload the following support documents with their application
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Letter of support from immediate supervisor: please download the form template for this here , provide to your supervisor, and then upload with your application submission
- Letter of support from home institution Deputy Vice Chancellor Research (or equivalent post)
- Home institution organizational chart
- See application form for instructions for the required format for each support document).