2020 Goethe Talents Scholarship for Young Musicians
Deadline: March 18, 2020.
Are you a young musician, composer, singer-songwriter, instrumentalist between 20 and 30 years old from a transition or developing country? You want to work professionally in the music field, with your own label or with a booking agency or want to use your music more target-oriented? If you have made first experiences in your field already, Goethe Talents Scholarship will help you to reach the next level.
You will also be joining the Pop-Kultur Nachwuchs programme which is going down from August 26th to August 28th in a couple of locations at Kulturbrauerei Berlin. International professionals give personal insights into their work and share their expert knowledge through workshops, case studies and talks with you – lively and practical instead of dry and read off.
Once more the programme offers spots to talents from all over the world. Hence, you’ll be able to network across borders. You will also get a chance to perform on the Nachwuchs-Stage on one of the evenings in the Pop-Kultur Live programme.
1. Every participant should prepare a short input talk (approx. 10 min.) in advance about his/her experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in his/her respective country.
2. Advanced English skills are crucial as there is no translation available. You will be tested in advance by the local Goethe-Institut.
3. You need work experience in the field of music. We need proof of at least 3 projects and a link to a video of a live performance of yours.
4. You have to cover all additional expenses that might occur during your stay.
5. All applications are for one person.
1. The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, hospitality (per diem of 10 €) will be covered by the Goethe-Institut for the period of August 18th to August 30th, 2020.
2. The Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and will help with visa issues.
3. Additionally, the Musicboard will give the talents a Festival Ticket free of charge plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals, organize accommodation (breakfast included), cover health insurance and public transportation in Berlin.