2020 Erasmus Mundus International Master of Science in Rural Development (IMRD) Scholarship
Deadline: February 1, 2020
The goal of IMRD is to train professionals that contribute to solving socio-economic, natural resource and agricultural challenges in Rural communities. The multi-disciplinary approach, the comparative study of EU and non-EU models, a flexible study programme and the unique mobility requirements stimulate students to gain a wide perspective of Rural Development and build an international network.
It is a master programme covering four semesters (2 years) and 120 ECTS. It is jointly organised by 6 core European partners and 9 associated partners from outside Europe.
The programme starts every year early September at Ghent University (Belgium) with a preparatory course “BePreP” and kick-off event. The programme consists of 5 Modules, with the option of an internship, each of which can be followed at a different location.
1. You have at least an academic bachelor’s degree of min. 3 years from a university or recognized equivalent in preferably bioscience engineering or agricultural sciences with good overall scores.
2. Students in the last year of their bachelor studies can also apply, provided that they will obtain their degree before the start of the IMRD programme.
3. You must be able to demonstrate through your transcripts basic science training in:
(i) mathematics and/or statistics;
(ii) life sciences;
(iii) social sciences and/or rural development and/or economics.
4. Language requirements: The English language proficiency can be met by providing a certificate (validity of 5 years) of one of the following tests:
- TOEFL IBT 80
- TOEFL PBT 550
- ACADEMIC IELTS 6,5 overall score with a minimum of 6,0 for writing
- CEFR B2 Issued by a European university language centre
- ESOL CAMBRIDGE English CAE (Advanced)
Language of instruction is not accepted anymore, except applicants who are nationals from or have obtained a bachelor and/or master degree in a higher education institute with English as mode of instruction in USA, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland or Canada, and in the latter case a certificate that the mode of instruction was English has to be submitted.
The scholarships cover your tuition fee, 1000 euro monthly allowance and a 7000 euro contribution to be used for travel and installation costs during the programme.