2020 Delft University of Technology Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships
Deadline: December 15, 2019.
TU Delft | Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships every year. From the students we expect that they are willing to act as our ambassadors during their studies and after graduation.
These scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology. The Global Initiative aims to support capacity building in the Global South and to advance future leadership focusing on sustainable global development. The UN Sustainable Development Goals are a guiding principle for the TU Delft.
1. Excellent international applicants (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year Regular TU Delft’s MSc programmes.
2. With a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in the bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the below mentioned countries.
3. Eligible countries are Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
€25.000 per year for Sub-Saharan students, which includes:
- Full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, AND contribution for the living expenses.
- Membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be our ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
2. In addition to all the regular documents for a MSc programme application:
3. Upload the Scholarship Application Form
4. Upload two reference letters (in one PDF document),according to required documents