2020 Conservation Leadership Programme Conservation Award
Deadline: November 24, 2019.
CLP are now accepting applications for our 2020 Conservation Awards. This funding supports early-career conservationists to conduct scientific research, encourage and promote pro-conservation attitudes and deliver tangible results to better conserve and manage the natural world.
1. In this round we are accepting applications for projects across Africa, Asia, Eastern and South-eastern Europe, the Middle East, the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean.
2. Countries that are not eligible include those designated as high-income economies by the World Bank, with the exception of some countries and island nations in Latin America & Caribbean and the Pacific.
3. Among other criteria, projects must take place in an eligible country, be led (or co-led) by a national of one of these countries, involve at least three team members and last no more than 12 months.
4. The projects must also target species that are listed as Data Deficient, Vulnerable, Endangered or Critically Endangered on the global IUCN Red List.
They will offer three levels of Conservation Awards:
- Future Conservationist Awards: Up to $15,000 per project
- Conservation Follow-Up Awards: Up to $25,000 per project (available only to previous CLP Future Conservationist Award winners)
- Conservation Leadership Awards: Up to $50,000 per project (available only to previous CLP Follow-Up Award winners)