2020 Cartier Women’s Initiative Award for Women Entrepreneurs
Deadline: August 14, 2019.
Since 2006, the Cartier Women’s Initiative has supported 219 female entrepreneurs worldwide. Each year, 21 finalists representing 7 regions (Latin America & the Caribbean, North America, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East & North Africa, East Asia and South Asia & Oceania) are selected during the first round of the competition. These finalists are then invited to attend the Awards week (exact location still TBC) during which the second round of the competition takes place. After the final jury evaluation, 7 laureates, one for each region, are announced on stage during the Awards ceremony.
1. Early stage and must be in the initial phase of its development and growth.
2. Must be an impact-driven business
3. Business led and owned by a woman.
4. For Profit business
- 1.The 21 finalists, representing the top 3 businesses from each of the 7 regions, will receive:
- One-to-one personalized business coaching prior to the Awards week
- A series of business coaching workshops and networking sessions during the Awards week
- Media visibility for the finalists and their businesses in the months leading up to the Awards week and interview opportunities with local & international press during the Awards week
- 2. PRIZE MONEY
The 7 laureates (1 from each region) will receive:
- US$ 100 000 in prize money
- 3. The 14 finalists (the two runners-up from each region) will receive:
- US$ 30 000 in prize money
- 4. AWARDS PACKAGE
In addition to the prize money, all 21 finalists will be awarded:
- A scholarship to attend the six-day INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Executive Education Programme (pending admission to the programme based on eligibility criteria and selection process)
- Ongoing support for the further growth and development of their business