2020 Cansbridge Fellowship program for Canadian Students
Deadline: October 20, 2019.
Each year, they accept a cohort of highly ambitious Canadian students to experience a summer internship in Asia, attend a week-long conference in the Silicon Valley, and join a network that lasts a lifetime.
They believe the mark of a true leader is their ability to build, manage, and innovate across borders – for and with the global community. Those selected into our fellowship will be offered the rare skills, experiences and network needed in order to develop this mindset.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a Canadian University or College.
- Valid passport and Canadian bank account.
- Available to work in Asia for a minimum of 10 weeks during the next available work term after the Cansbridge Fellowship Conference in early May.
- Available to travel to San Francisco in early May (exact date to be determined).
The Cansbridge Fellowship program is made up of three parts – the Silicon Valley Experience, the Asia Summer Internship, and the Cansbridge Network.
1. Silicon Valley Experience: The Fellowship kicks off with a one-week experience in the Bay Area. The program for the week is unique each year. In the past, Fellows have worked on new business ideas, visited companies (eg. Lyft, Airbnb, Tesla, LinkedIn, and many more), toured the Stanford campus, and enjoyed meditation lessons with a practicing monk. Fellows stay in a “hacker house” in San Francisco and spend the week building close relationships with their cohort.
2. Asia Internship: Following the Silicon Valley Experience, fellows fly out to their self-organized internships in Asia. Fellows go abroad to push them out of their comfort zones, accelerate their personal growth, and show them the possibilities that exist outside of Canada. Fellows have worked in Tokyo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Bangalore, Jakarta, and more! Each fellow is awarded with a $6,000 scholarship for their internship.
3. The Cansbridge Network: The ultimate goal of The Cansbridge Fellowship is to build a supportive network of high-reaching, like-minded individuals who come from a variety of backgrounds. Each fellow has a unique story to tell rooted in deep impact and passion behind the initiatives and causes they pursued and continue to strive for. They can be found across the globe as entrepreneurs, academics, innovators and industry leaders. They work at top companies (Microsoft, Google, and more), run their own startups (Mosaic, Parsehub, One Species, and more), or pursuing their wildest ambitions.