2020 British Council Ukraine: Calls for Partners from EU-Based Organiser
Deadline: October 8, 2019.
British Council Ukraine are looking for EU-based Organiser to host a study tour for Ukrainian Social Entrepreneurs, as part of the EU-funded House of Europe Programme.
As part of House of Europe, the British Council plans to organise nine study tours
for social entrepreneurs or social enterprise representatives to different European
countries. Through these study tours we will aim to look at different aspects of
social enterprise (including enabling policies, business strategy and business
models, product development, social responsibility business principles,
sustainability and growth, education and training, business support mechanisms
etc.) to observe the best models and approaches existing in countries across
1. Eligible applicants can be government-funded organisations, social enterprises, civil
society organisations and non-governmental organisations that have operated in
the social enterprise sector for at least three years and are based in the EU.
2. UK-based organisations are eligible to apply for this call and the UK is an
eligible host country for this study tour.
The maximum budget for the study tour is €17,000 (including the Organiser’s
fees and all relevant taxes, but excluding international airfares, visas and
airport transfers within Ukraine, which the British Council will cover and
1. In-depth knowledge of the social enterprise landscape and key sector trends and
2. Established connections with various local social enterprises, social
entrepreneurs and their networks;
3. Experience in organising events, training, workshops and / or study tours,
4. Proposed programme of the study tour;
5. Value for money.
6. Experience of working with international organisations and/or EU-funded
programmes will be an advantage.
The required language for the proposal, contract, reports and any other documents
in relation to the assignment is English.
The proposal should provide the following information:
1. Description of the organisation applying, including an outline of the
applicant’s experience, contacts and networks in their national social
enterprise sector, and a summary of the applicant’s experience of organising
similar events, trainings, workshops and/or study tours;
2. Outline of the proposed study tour programme, including suggestions of cities
and organisations to visit, capacity building elements and other activities;
3. Estimated budget breakdown (taking into consideration the budget limit and the
number of participants – up to 10). The budget should be presented in euros
(using current exchange rates where needed).
4. CV of the assignment manager.
The budget must include:
1. Single-room accommodation for up to five nights;
2. All meals and coffee breaks, catering for workshops and networking events. We
expect that most of the meals will be organised and provided as part of the
programme, but when not, participants can receive cash per diems
3. Airport transfers and all ground transport costs in the host country.
4. Management fee and any coordination staff support, as well as fees for invited
trainers or speakers.
5. Report production, photo and other communications materials
6. Venue rental (if any)
7. Tickets to venues/events (if any).
Please bear in mind that the maximum budget for the study tour is €17,000,
excluding international return flights, visa fees and airport transfers within
Ukraine. These expenses will be managed and paid for by the British Council.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com with the email
subject line Application: Organiser for House of Europe Study Tour for Social