2020 AIMS Libyan Antiquities Fellowship Program for U.S. Scholars
Deadline: December 31, 2019.
The AIMS Libyan Antiquities Fellowship Program will offer a grant to one U.S. scholar that will provide the opportunity to conduct research on a topic related to Libyan archeological heritage.
1. The fellowship is offered to pre- and postdoctoral scholars in Archeology and Antiquities Studies.
2. All applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application.
3. Applicants must be members of AIMS at the time of application. For membership information, please contact the AIMS U.S. Office at email@example.com or go to: www.AIMSNorthAfrica.org.
1. The successful applicant will receive a stipend (including travel to and from Tunis, and travel related to the fellowship for research purposes) up to $25,000 USD for a period of 9 months.
2. The Fellow will be housed at and affiliated with AIMS’ Overseas Research Center in Tunis (CEMAT) and the Fellow’s program of research will be conducted in Tunisia only.
- A completed grant application cover sheet (available at left of this page)
- Proposal or research design of no more than 1,500 words;
- Curriculum Vitae, including indication of language proficiency and institutional affiliation
- One-page summary of the proposed research in Arabic written by the applicant.
- Letters of recommendation from two referees, including the applicant’s dissertation advisor, or in the case of applicants holding a Ph.D., the names of two persons who may be contacted for references. Letters can be emailed separately from the application to AIMSFellowship@gmail.com.
- Applications should be organized in the order above and emailed to AIMSFellowship@gmail.com with the subject line “Libyan Antiquities Fellow.” Please scan all materials into one “pdf” document and submit as one attachment. Letters of recommendation or support can be emailed separately.