2020 ADB Healthy Oceans Technology Innovation Challenge
Deadline: November 27, 2020.
Healthy Oceans Technology Innovation Challenge (TIC) calls for technology providers to submit an expression of interest (EOI) to propose and conduct a pilot on high-level technology solution addressing one of the two development challenges below:
- Prevent plastic waste
- Restore and protect coral reefs
Under TIC, technology providers are invited to submit a proposal to undertake a proof-of-concept/pilot of a high-level technology solution to address an identified development challenge.
- The project must be implemented in one of the countries listed below: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, and Viet Nam.
- The Applicant(s) must provide at least 10% of the total project cost in co-financing
- The Applicant(s) registered as one of following entities: Company, Not-for-profit organization, Civil society organization, Research institution, Government-owned enterprise (must be legally and financially autonomous of the government in the implementation country)
- The Applicant(s) must be legally incorporated or registered in an ADB member country: (ADB members are listed at https://www.adb.org/about/members)
- The Applicant(s) have the Intellectual Property Rights, through ownership or licenses, to use the technology solution
- Applicant(s) confirms they are not sanctioned by ADB or the UN Security Council
The selected proposal can receive up to $500,000 grant, and technology providers must co-finance at least 10% of the total cost. Two proposals are expected to be awarded under Healthy Oceans TIC.
To submit an application you have to first register and create a profile in the online application platform. When creating the profile, please check the box Technology Provider. The lead Applicant should register on behalf of all project members. If you have applied to previous ADB challenges you can sign-in with your previous log-in details