2019 Yunus Emre Institute Turkish Archaeology Summer School
Deadline: April 25, 2019.
Yunus Emre Institute organizes art and culture events and supports scientific studies along with educational activities all around the globe through Yunus Emre Turkish Culture Centres and offices at various universities worldwide.
In this scope, Yunus Emre Institute is organizing Turkey’s Place in World Cultural Heritage – Archaeology Summer School as part of its thematic summer schools to present the world a deeper insight into Turkey’s cultural heritage. They hereby invite applicants to join this program to be attended by university students interested in cultural heritage and archaeology, where participants will get the chance to gain astounding experience about Turkey’s cultural heritage through academic seminars and visits to archaeological sites and museums during the course of two weeks.
Only one person per country will be admitted to the program. 25 people will be accepted in total who will constitute a single class from among those meeting the requirements below:
- Good command of English (at least B2)
- Should be between 18-35 years of age
- Should open to intercultural dialogue
- Should have a genuine interest in foreign cultures
- Should be studying/have studied a social science such as archaeology, culture studies, history, geography, cultural anthropology, folklore, art history, etc.
- Should preferably a freshman or sophomore at the university level
The scholarship covers the following:
- International and local transportation
- Three meals a day
- Course materials
- Museum/archaeological site entrance fees